Reporting

Splunk ES - Configuration file settings may be duplicated in multiple apps

DEAD_BEEF
Builder

Just started getting this warning today.
alt text

Configuration file settings may be duplicated in multiple apps: stanza="Notable - Events Over Time" conf_type="savedsearches" apps="SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite,SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite" 

Based on the message text, I thought that there is a search with the name Notable - Events Over Time that must be in savedsearches.conf twice. Unexpectedly, it is not in /local/savedsearches.conf at all. I checked the /default/savedsearches.conf and that stanza does not appear twice. I saw similar issues posted here and here but these don't seem to apply in this situation.

[splunk@hostname apps]$ pwd
/opt/splunk/etc/apps
[splunk@hostname apps]$ find . -name savedsearches.conf | xargs grep -i "Notable - Events Over Time"
./SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/default.old.20190319-222605/savedsearches.conf:[Notable - Events Over Time]
./SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/default.old.20190319-222605/savedsearches.conf:[Notable - Events Over Time By Security Domain]
./SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/default/savedsearches.conf:[Notable - Events Over Time]
./SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite/default/savedsearches.conf:[Notable - Events Over Time By Security Domain]
[splunk@hostname apps]$

I don't see any duplicate or copy that's listed in the error message. Really puzzled...

2019-05-17 01:56:10,620+0000 WARNING pid=16225 tid=MainThread file=configuration_check.py:run:228 | status="completed" task="confcheck_es_correlationmigration" message="Configuration file settings may be duplicated in multiple apps: stanza="Notable - Events Over Time" conf_type="savedsearches" apps="SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite,SplunkEnterpriseSecuritySuite""
0 Karma
1 Solution

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

I encountered this issue few months back and I have had Scheduled search with same title but one was private and other one was shared on app level. Please check in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/ with same saved search.

View solution in original post

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

I encountered this issue few months back and I have had Scheduled search with same title but one was private and other one was shared on app level. Please check in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/users/ with same saved search.

DEAD_BEEF
Builder

@harsmarvania57 this was it! It was one of the users with the exact named search. Please change your response to an answer so I can accept. Thank you!

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Glad that it solved the issue.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...