Reporting

Schedule doesn't work propertly after version upgrade

srteclesmayer

After upgrading Splunk to 7.x.x version when i schedule a report or scheduled view it doesn't work and the schedule is always the next day.

I tried with cron schedule, once a week, etc. but i'm having always the same issue. I shchedule the search to 6:00am on Sunday for example, and it runs everyday at 6:00am. That's a big trouble and i need a solution as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Please post your current cron settings and the desired run times.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

srteclesmayer

For example, i tried with this cron configuration:

cron_schedule -> 0 6 * * 0

And the next time is this one :

Next Scheduled Time:
2019-04-10 06:00:00 CEST

As you can see, when i setup a cron to run weekly at 6am on Sunday, it executes everyday at 6 am anyway. I tried with different configurations, another cron, configuring using the GUI, creating a new knowledge object, clone it, and i always get the same missconfiguration.

Thank you for your time and regards.

0 Karma

burwell
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi. What exact version of Splunk are you running?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...