Reporting

Saved search usage

priya0709
Path Finder

I have a query saved to display all Hard Disk error for hosts. We generate this data daily from the query and send it to the respective Assignee every Wednesday.

My requirement is to prepare a visualization for 30 days data of these scheduled search??

Please help me with the query

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would start by setting up a summary index populated with the results of your daily searches. You can then base your 30 day report/dashboard visualisation on this index without having to rerun the original query for each of the 30 days. Not only will this be faster, it will mean you can save space because you will have already extracted all the information you need from the raw logs into the summary index. This does mean you have to think carefully about the search for your summary index so that it includes everything you might need from the original data.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I would start by setting up a summary index populated with the results of your daily searches. You can then base your 30 day report/dashboard visualisation on this index without having to rerun the original query for each of the 30 days. Not only will this be faster, it will mean you can save space because you will have already extracted all the information you need from the raw logs into the summary index. This does mean you have to think carefully about the search for your summary index so that it includes everything you might need from the original data.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
That's excellent way to do it if you have lot of data and it takes time to generate the whole report. Remember to ensure that summary indexes don't contains any holes if/when there are some issues to populate those.

But if amount of data is quite slow and you have resources to run this query as needed then just create it when needed from your original data.
r. Ismo
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...