Reporting

Saved Searches from Before Splunk 6 Upgrade Display Differently

Builder

I noticed that after the Splunk 6 Upgrade, all of the saved searches displayed in what I called a "hybrid" format, where the new Splunk 6 feel exists on the upper part of the page, but starting at the search bar, it looks like Splunk 5. I think this might be due to older viewstates or possibly something in the savedsearches.conf. I have tried a few things but nothing seems to convert it fully to Splunk 6 look and feel.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Builder

I had to comment out the following lines in savedsearches.conf for my searches to display in the new Splunk 6 format:

#displayview = flashtimeline
#request.ui_dispatch_view = flashtimeline
#vsid = <some unique value>

After commenting out the vsid line, it auto gens a new one in both of the savedsearches.conf and viewstates.conf. I was not able to get the saved searches to display properly without commenting out all three of these lines. I originally thought just the vsid was the only thing that was needed, but it turns out they were all needed.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Builder

I had to comment out the following lines in savedsearches.conf for my searches to display in the new Splunk 6 format:

#displayview = flashtimeline
#request.ui_dispatch_view = flashtimeline
#vsid = <some unique value>

After commenting out the vsid line, it auto gens a new one in both of the savedsearches.conf and viewstates.conf. I was not able to get the saved searches to display properly without commenting out all three of these lines. I originally thought just the vsid was the only thing that was needed, but it turns out they were all needed.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

install a test instance of Splunk 6 on some spare system or VM. Then manually create the saved searches on that system and ingest just enough data to get at least a couple events (or more) in it for testing. See if you fix the problem. If so, you can be sure it's a localized issue on your prod system. I'd look for anything in */local directories, especially about viewstates.conf, ui-prefs.conf, and event_renderers.conf. There may be others, too...

0 Karma

Builder

Afternoon bump.

0 Karma