Reporting

Row Limitation for PDF generation

junxianli
Explorer

hi,
I've created a report which will return me at least 100,000 rows. I scheduled the report to send an email with an attached pdf, the pdf did not return the correct number of rows. My report is only a simple table with 5 columns.

Is there a limitation to how huge the pdf report can be? I can't find documentation on this, or where to configure the row limits.

0 Karma
1 Solution

zillionlee
Path Finder

You can configure $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/limits.conf file.
*[pdf]
max_rows_per_table = *
then,restart splunk.
also,you can find $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/README/limits.conf.spec file about this.

But,I must say that 100,000 rows are really huge.You should consider to reduce the size.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

zillionlee
Path Finder

You can configure $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/local/limits.conf file.
*[pdf]
max_rows_per_table = *
then,restart splunk.
also,you can find $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/system/README/limits.conf.spec file about this.

But,I must say that 100,000 rows are really huge.You should consider to reduce the size.

0 Karma

junxianli
Explorer

thank you! i'll follow up with the link!

0 Karma

kartik1979

The suggested solution doesn't work in v6.4. In my case, after having set the limit to 2000, pdf doesn't show records beyond 28 rows. Is there any other solution?

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@kartik1979 - This question is quite old and may not garner any new activity. If you need help on this issue, you should post a new question.

Or, if you want to try to get some immediate help for your question, you should join the 1300+ Splunk users in our public Slack chat. People ask each other for immediate help on there daily. You can share your question/link to your post there to see if anyone can take a stab at it.

You first have to request access through www.splunk402.com/chat. Fill out the form, and once you receive the approval email from our Community Manager (usually the approval process takes a couple days), you can access Slack.com and ask for help in the #general channel.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...