Reporting

PDF server: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

mfrost8
Builder

I've just started playing around with the PDF server on Splunk 4.1.6, SLES 10.2.

I added the components mentioned by the docs page, although I'm not entirely sure about the fonts. I assumed that if the fonts were missing or an issue that I'd see an error message that made that pretty clear.

After adding the PDF app and configuration the System Settings to use them, I wanted to try this out by generating an hourly PDF from the Search -> Index Activity dashboard. When I got mail, it said:

Scheduled view delivery.

A PDF snapshot has been generated for the view: index_status.

An error occurred while generating a PDF of this report: Failed to contact appserver at http://fsplunk1:8000/en-US/report/: HTTP Error 502: Bad Gateway

When I checked in python.log, it had the same HTTP error in it. The PDF server is the Splunk server (i.e. it's all local). If I hit the URL indicated above, it tells me:

405 Method Not Allowed Specified method is invalid for this server.

So I clicked on the Status Page link under E-Mail Alert settings and everything shows up as expected. (I get the document in IE and I get the download for Firefox).

What am I missing? Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 Solution

wwwdrich
Explorer

I was able to fix this on my server by adding the host and port of my splunk server into System Settings -> Email alert settings -> Link hostname. For example, if your pdfserver is installed on splunk.mydomain.com and running on port 8000, you would add splunk.mydomain.com:8000 to that field.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

wwwdrich
Explorer

I was able to fix this on my server by adding the host and port of my splunk server into System Settings -> Email alert settings -> Link hostname. For example, if your pdfserver is installed on splunk.mydomain.com and running on port 8000, you would add splunk.mydomain.com:8000 to that field.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...