Reporting

PDF Report Server

julsegga
Engager

Is possible to the PDF report Server to generate different reports automatically and send it to differrent users email accounts.
For example: I have 4 departments in my company and I want to send every month a report to each department manager about the internet activity of the users in his department. Obviously I want to make this job automatically because it takes too much time.
Thanks for your help.

Tags (3)

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

I think you will need to have 4 different views setup, 1 for each department, and then for each view configure the PDF report generation schedule and email recipients.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/4.3/User/ScheduleDeliveryofDashboardPrintoutsviaEmail

I know it sounds a bit repetitious and it would be nicer to be able to define the report generation just once with a parameter specifying the department id and email recipient, but this functionality does not seem to exist.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...