Reporting

Missing some Real-Time emails

jat75
Explorer

Recently a real-time search and email alert has failed to fire consistently. I am fairly certain that this used to work for every event. Now for some real-time triggered events, no email is getting sent. I compare the splunk search to the emails I'm getting and I am definitely missing emails. The search string has not changed. Perhaps it's a performance issue? (I am using a JOIN but my splunk admin tells me the system has plenty of resources). I am mostly curious about how to troubleshoot something like this. Thank you.

Tags (2)
0 Karma

jat75
Explorer

Update: I created the same real time alert without using a join (however I do need a join) and I am getting more emails for that alert than the one with the join. Could this be a timing or resource thing?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...