Reporting

How to replace number field values with a string?

yvassilyeva
Path Finder

Hi! I am trying to rename field values from a number to a string like this:

I calculated whether the project has been past due or not by subtracting today's date minus project ask date: 

| eval "Past/Future"=round(abs((relative_time(now(), "@d")-relative_time(strptime(project_ask_date,"%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"), "@d"))/86400),0) 

Now i want to rename the field values: 

If the number is >0 then it is past due, otherwise the project's due date is in the future. 

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To be picky, rename changes the name of a field rather than change the value itself.  To change a value you can use eval.  BTW, I used a different field name because slashes are not valid field name characters.

... | eval PastFuture = if(PastFuture>=0, "Past Due", "Future")

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To be picky, rename changes the name of a field rather than change the value itself.  To change a value you can use eval.  BTW, I used a different field name because slashes are not valid field name characters.

... | eval PastFuture = if(PastFuture>=0, "Past Due", "Future")

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

yvassilyeva
Path Finder

Thank you! 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...