Reporting

How to create a monthly report that emails out to a certain recipient on the 1st of each month with the previous month's data?

AaronMoorcroft
Communicator

Hi Guys

What's the best way of creating a monthly report that emails out to a set person? It needs to run on the 1st of each month and the data shown needs to be the data from the month previous.

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Create a scheduled search using a cron schedule similar to 0 1 1 * * which tells Splunk to run the search at 1:00 on the morning of the first day of the month. Set the start time to -1mon@mon and the finish time to @d. Tick the "Send email" box and fill in the recipient's address then save the search.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

lavanyaanne
Path Finder

you can Schedule the Alert 1st of each month then you will get the Report.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Create a scheduled search using a cron schedule similar to 0 1 1 * * which tells Splunk to run the search at 1:00 on the morning of the first day of the month. Set the start time to -1mon@mon and the finish time to @d. Tick the "Send email" box and fill in the recipient's address then save the search.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

AaronMoorcroft
Communicator

Thank you 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...