Reporting

How do you make a report in Splunk in an Excel viewable format?

wallyd241

Hello,
I would like to make this table in splunk (see image) which is also generated in email report.
This table must be a dashboard and / or a report.
Can you help me find a solution please?
Thank youalt text

Tags (1)
0 Karma

wallyd241

Plaese can you help me ?

Thank

0 Karma

back2root
Path Finder

First: You definitely want to go with a dashboard not a report.

Second: You should ask yourself the question if it absolutely makes sense to visualize the data using Splunk the exactly same way as you would to that in Excel. In most cases, people tend to and try to rebuild an existing Excel spreadsheet in the same way in Splunk. How ever, it often times makes complete sense so tweak and improve the visual representation and ease the implementation.

Have a look at good Splunk Dashboards and understand how they work. What drilldowns are used for, how you could place different panels showing different depths of detail.

Maybe you want to take the course "advanced dashboards and visualizations" or ask your Splunk SE to show you some options you have for the dashboard and ask him for help.

0 Karma

wallyd241

Actually I would like to make a report but in this visual form.
Is it possible to re-do it? if yes, do you have any examples? If no Can you offer me ideas?
thank you

0 Karma

back2root
Path Finder

It's hard to tell you what to do without knowing all the background information (what data you have, what problem you are trying to solve with the Report/Dashboard, ...) especially here on the board.

Maybe it's best to contact you Splunk champion within your company or your responsible Splunk Sales Engineer and ask him/her for help.
Maybe you can afford some days of Splunk PS to get you started.

If not already taken you also may want to take Advanced Dashboards and Visualizations class. It gives you a first overview of what's possible.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...