Reporting

How do you export specific logs from Splunk after searching

aywong
Path Finder

If I find something worth keeping I would like to be able to export the specific event logs that I want and save them somewhere outside of splunk. I would like to not use the coldToFrozenDir if possible?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bmacias84
Champion

There are a couple of technics depending on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to store the summation of events as counts create summary index using sistats. The other option is to table your results and then export your results using the Export feature which is located top left of the result panel.

Examples

index=_internal deploy | table _raw

index=_internal deploy | table <field1>, <field2>, <field3>

View solution in original post

bmacias84
Champion

There are a couple of technics depending on what you are trying to accomplish. If you are trying to store the summation of events as counts create summary index using sistats. The other option is to table your results and then export your results using the Export feature which is located top left of the result panel.

Examples

index=_internal deploy | table _raw

index=_internal deploy | table <field1>, <field2>, <field3>

bmacias84
Champion

Sorry, for my late reply. You could use sistats then push them in to a index that roles in to Frozen bucket rapidly, by editing your index.conf

0 Karma

aywong
Path Finder

these export the actual logs? I want to save these logs like "coldToFrozenDir" would, but only for specific ones.. that I choose. I'm sorry, I'm very new to this and a little confused.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...