Reporting

Filter out rows in splunk in a table after a stats command

cindygibbs_08
Communicator

Hello everyone I hope you guys are doing well

I have a sort of simple question but I have not been able to sort a solution.. I want to filter out rows of a table where there are multivalues based on a numeric criteria, this is an example:

I have this:

AGENTINXROCKSTASK
XX_9

T

Y

U

TY-8

GY-0

FG-67

XX_10

UY

IO

UJI

TY-8E

G-0

VG-67

I would like to only remove all rows in the table where  the multivalue field "INX" have negative numbers and have something like this:

AGENTINXROCKSTASK
XX_9

T

Y

TY-8

GY-0

XX_10

UY

TY-8E

I have tried using mvfilter and mvfind and mvindex but... every trial has not been successful yet so I really love you guys for helping me out thanks a LOTTTT

kindly,

Cindy

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Here is one simple way you can do it (full example search)

| makeresults
| eval _raw="XX_9:7,9,-6:T,Y,U:TY-8,GY-0,FG-67;XX_10:7,-49,-66:UY,IO,UJI:TY-8E,G-0,VG-67"
| eval rows=split(_raw,";")
| mvexpand rows
| rex field=rows "(?<AGENT>[^:]*):(?<INX>[^:]*):(?<ROCKS>[^:]*):(?<TASK>.*)"
| eval INX=split(INX, ","), ROCKS=split(ROCKS, ","), TASK=split(TASK, ",")
| table AGENT INX ROCKS TASK
| eval x=mvzip(INX, mvzip(ROCKS, TASK, ":"), ":")
| eval x=mvfilter(!match(x, "^-"))
| table AGENT x
| rex field=x max_match=0 "(?<INX>[^:]*):(?<ROCKS>[^:]*):(?<TASK>.*)"
| fields - x

It's using mvzip to zip up the 3 fields and then filter out only those which do NOT have a - sign at the start, then extracting the fields out again.

It can possibly be done using Splunk 8 mvmap and I can think of a couple of other possibilities, but try this and see if it works for you.

View solution in original post

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@cindygibbs_08 

Here is another option that uses foreach

| makeresults
| eval _raw="XX_9:7,9,-6:T,Y,U:TY-8,GY-0,FG-67;XX_10:7,-49,-66:UY,IO,UJI:TY-8E,G-0,VG-67"
| mvexpand rows
| foreach 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [ eval num=mvindex(INX, <<FIELD>>), r=mvindex(ROCKS, <<FIELD>>), t=mvindex(TASK, <<FIELD>>), v_INX=mvappend(if(num>=0, num, null()), v_INX), v_ROCKS=mvappend(if(num>=0, r, null()), v_ROCKS), v_TASK=mvappend(if(num>=0, t, null()), v_TASK) ]
| rename v_* as *

Note that foreach 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 - will allow for 8 values in your list - if you have a potentially large number of values this would need to be expanded to include other numbers.

The foreach statement is simply testing num (i.e. the INX value) for >=0 and then appending the ROCKS and TASK values from the same corresponding multi-value index offset onto the collected results (v_*). After that it just renames the collected results to the original fields.

Note I have not checked if all fields are negative - what happens.

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Here is one simple way you can do it (full example search)

| makeresults
| mvexpand rows
| eval x=mvzip(INX, mvzip(ROCKS, TASK, ":"), ":")
| eval x=mvfilter(!match(x, "^-"))
| table AGENT x
| rex field=x max_match=0 "(?<INX>[^:]*):(?<ROCKS>[^:]*):(?<TASK>.*)"
| fields - x

It's using mvzip to zip up the 3 fields and then filter out only those which do NOT have a - sign at the start, then extracting the fields out again.

It can possibly be done using Splunk 8 mvmap and I can think of a couple of other possibilities, but try this and see if it works for you.

cindygibbs_08
Communicator

Hello @bowesmana Thank you for your reply I trully apreaciate it! iT DOES WORK in some examaples but for some reason this gives me some funny results because I do have a lot of data plus I dont know if mvmap or mvzip will truncate data after 10k statistics... I would LOVE if you could some me the way using mvmap-- thanks a TRILLION

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Can you give an example of a result row where it fails?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

They're back! Join the SplunkTrust and MVP at .conf24

With our highly anticipated annual conference, .conf, comes the fez-wearers you can trust! The SplunkTrust, as ...

Enterprise Security Content Update (ESCU) | New Releases

Last month, the Splunk Threat Research Team had two releases of new security content via the Enterprise ...

Detecting Remote Code Executions With the Splunk Threat Research Team

REGISTER NOWRemote code execution (RCE) vulnerabilities pose a significant risk to organizations. If ...