Reporting

Error sendemail

mamaral
Path Finder

good morning.
So, I'm receiving an authentication error when we're trying to use sendeail...
Could some one please,help me ?!

command="sendemail", SMTP AUTH extension not supported by server. while sending mail to:someone@domain.com

Tags (2)
0 Karma

claudio_manig
Communicator

Its quite an old post but i faced the same error a while ago-
It seems that if you use auth params within the email settings you should specify the server=yourmailserver:port parameter within your sendemail search command. The sendemail command uses the localhost on default.

0 Karma

mamaral
Path Finder

please, tell me how can i do that ?!

0 Karma

wlawrence

Is regular mail working i.e when you use mail from the command line?

0 Karma

mamaral
Path Finder

so, I did it that - clear them out - and got the same error.

0 Karma

mamaral
Path Finder

by the way, i have already checked the boxes TSL and SSL but the error persists...
i have tried to change the sendemail.py, adding a call to "smtp.login(username, password)" bellow of "smtp = smtplib.SMTP(serverURL)" ... and also failed.

0 Karma

mw
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Are you sure that the server accepts credentials? What happens if you clear them out (because the server appears to be telling you that it won't take them)?

0 Karma

mamaral
Path Finder

yes! i have both filled...
thanks for answered me.

Amaral

0 Karma

mw
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Did you enter a username and password on the email setup page, or leave those empty?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...