Reporting

Emails from Splunk stopped working overnight

walkerhound
Path Finder

We have an email set to run on a schedule from a dashboard.   It worked yesterday but not today.  I can see in the log where the email is sending.  I tested by changing the scheduled time and again, it says the email is sending, but it does not arrive.

Another email that comes from a scheduled report but it did not arrive today either.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Check splunkd.log and python.log for errors sending email. If those logs indicate success, then the problem is with your mail system.
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

walkerhound
Path Finder

I am able to send email using telnet to the smtp server port 25 from our Splunk server, so it doesn't seem as if it's our mail server.

On the other hand, I don't see errors in the log files.  The last message I see says it's sending email.  It has the correct information about recipients and smtp server.  Should I see any more messages in the logs after that?

Thank you for your help.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Sending email using telnet is not the same as Splunk sending email since you don't know all of the settings Splunk will use. It's a good test of connectivity, but that's about it.
If you see no error messages in the logs then see if your mail admin can shed some light on the problem. BTW, people are checking their spam folders, right?
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

walkerhound
Path Finder

Still not working.   Spam folder is not the issue.   

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...