Reporting

Email settings missing from the server settings UI

demiaj
Explorer

My email settings are missing from the server settings page (picture 1 below). I looked through every conf and xml file I could think of and can't seem to find what controls this. I compared the existing conf files between my search head and my deployment server (where it is visible, picture 2 below) and can't find the offending setting. I copied the same URL from my deployment server and changed the host name to my search head and get a 404 error. Any ideas?

alt text

alt text

demiaj
Explorer

Update: Updated to 7.1.1 and the problem persists. Stopped the Splunkd service and preformed an installation repair, problem persists.

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've seen this happen sometimes, but I have never figured out why.
If you have a valid support contract, I'd say this would be the time to make use of it. 😉

0 Karma

demiaj
Explorer

I've continued to search when time has been available but no love so far. Any ideas?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Are you using Search Head cluster?

0 Karma

demiaj
Explorer

No, just a single search head.

0 Karma

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What role does the user have you are logged in with?

0 Karma

demiaj
Explorer

I've tried it with my LDAP integrated which has Admin role and the Admin user itself.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...