Reporting

Data model hierarchy disrupting data ?

danieldurkovic

Hi,

I am trying to use data model as I have large dataset to accelerate dashboards I use.
So I have 3 lvl hierarchy where I filter each subsequent data level by constraint.

To be precise first level filters by index, second by source name and third by further filtering the sources.

The problem is that at this third level I am not getting data accordingly to last condition.

example: lvl 1 index sql
lvl2 source:tech0*
lvl3 source:tech02

so at lvl3 I should be able to see field FreeSpace_in_MB and Drive but they are missing. It almost seems like splunk isnt able to extract all the fields at once an then divide them correctly.

in fact in all levels I am getting the same fields. Are these fields not supposed to be distributed to respective datasets by constraint I set ?

Thank you for answer

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer Certification at ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...