Reporting

Dashboards that power reports

WanLohnston
Explorer

Hi all, 

I was wondering if anyone could help with hopefully a simple question. I have a dashboard that is used to power a report that sends a pdf to a number of individuals via email but we're looking to extract some further data and I was wondering if I just simply edit the existing dashboard with a few more searches will that reflect in the report? 

Cheers,

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To be pedantic, reports power dashboards rather than the other way around.  What you call a "report" is merely scheduled emailing of a dashboard.

Yes, you can modify the dashboard and those edits should be reflected in the email.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

WanLohnston
Explorer

Ahh my mistake, which makes what I was reading in the documentation make much more sense thank you! I'll also accept this as the solution, apologies for my ignorance! 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To be pedantic, reports power dashboards rather than the other way around.  What you call a "report" is merely scheduled emailing of a dashboard.

Yes, you can modify the dashboard and those edits should be reflected in the email.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Combine Multiline Logs into a Single Event with SOCK - a Guide for Advanced Users

This article is the continuation of the “Combine multiline logs into a single event with SOCK - a step-by-step ...

Everything Community at .conf24!

You may have seen mention of the .conf Community Zone 'round these parts and found yourself wondering what ...

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...