Reporting

Can I get outputcsv to not quote

tkwaller
Builder

Hello

I know this has been asked before but I retied the solution and still getting the same results.

index=java host=*myhost* name=transactional *USEmployeeUserGrpDiscountRule* "[amount=-" | dedup ticketId | rex field=_raw "\[amount=-(?<feeAdjustmentAmount>\d*\.\d*)" | eval foo="\"feeAdjustmentAmount\"" | eval boo=trim(foo, "\"") | table ticketId, boo | rename boo AS feeAdjustmentAmount

I'm sure I'm just doing something incorrectly. Its the foo eval that I don't have right.

The feeAdjustmentAmount is monetary so it will be digits.2decimals like 24.50 with no quotes in the log.

Right now, of course, the search above returns results like:

ticketId    feeAdjustmentAmount
(purposelyMasked)   feeAdjustmentAmount

Can you tell me when I outputcsv, how can I get it to exclude quotes. We use the csv to push to a webpage so fixing format is important.

Thank a bunch!

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why are you putting the quotes there in the first place? just use

| eval foo=feeAdjustmentAmount

0 Karma

tkwaller
Builder

OK yes, that was incorrect. I removed that and used:

index=java host=*myhost* name=transactional *USEmployeeUserGrpDiscountRule* "[amount=-" | dedup ticketId | rex field=_raw "\[amount=-(?<feeAdjustmentAmount>\d*\.\d*)" | eval foo=feeAdjustmentAmount | eval boo=trim(foo, "\"") | table ticketId, boo | rename boo AS feeAdjustmentAmount | outputcsv empdiscount

but the csv is still formatted

ticketId,feeAdjustmentAmount
(purposelyMasked),"15.01"

0 Karma

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try this -

index=java host=*myhost* name=transactional *USEmployeeUserGrpDiscountRule* "[amount=-" 
| dedup ticketId 
| rex field=_raw "\[amount=-(?<feeAdjustmentAmount>\d*\.\d*)" 
| eval feeAdjustmentAmount = tonumber(feeAdjustmentAmount) 
| table ticketId, feeAdjustmentAmount 
| outputcsv empdiscount
0 Karma

tkwaller
Builder

Here are the results from that
[me@myhost ~]# cat empdiscount.csv
ticketId,feeAdjustmentAmount
(purposelymasked),"6.00"
(purposelymasked),"12.00"
(purposelymasked),"15.01"
(purposelymasked),"11.73"

Still quoted

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...