Reporting

Applying a Style Sheet to PDF

werz

I am trying to generate a PDF report for a table that I created that uses a custom style sheet. When I view the dashboard the style sheet renders correctly, but when I generate a PDF my table appears in the default black and white color scheme. Is there a way to force the PDF generator to use my custom style sheet? If not, is this something that could be extended as an add-on?

Thanks for any help!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

grijhwani
Motivator

CSS is relevant to HTML and XML only. PDF is a different rendering engine. To do what you ask would require that it first be rendered in HTML as an intermediate, and that that then be re-rendered as PDF.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

grijhwani
Motivator

CSS is relevant to HTML and XML only. PDF is a different rendering engine. To do what you ask would require that it first be rendered in HTML as an intermediate, and that that then be re-rendered as PDF.

0 Karma

thambisetty
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

can anyone explain clearly is it possible or not?

————————————
If this helps, give a like below.
0 Karma

ggangwar
Path Finder

I am also facing same issue, can anyone suggested how to achieve the intermediary rendering in html and finally in pdf?

0 Karma

werz

I had figured as much, but just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...