#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

What's up with my posting permissions on the answers.splunk.com forum?

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

About half of my answers to posts are intermittently being flagged as "waiting for moderator", seemingly at random, since the upgrade.

Tags (3)

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As niketnilay mentioned, this has been happening to everyone. They are investigating and are quick to remove you from moderation when it occurs... If it happens, just try again in 30 minutes.

DalJeanis
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That explains the intermittency, if something is tripping me INTO moderation, and then "official" moderators are removing me from moderation. Good to know.

0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello @DalJeanis and everyone - We are investigating the bug and have brought it up to the appropriate persons that handle our hosting platform and performed the upgrade. It seems as though the spam filters are more sensitive post-upgrade, but it's difficult to decipher why posts are getting sent to moderation. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Meanwhile, myself and other moderators are working to publish any answers/comments in a timely manner. Thank you for your patience in advance.

0 Karma

adonio
Ultra Champion

joining the question
encountering the same issue

niketn
Legend

I think we all are facing this issue post upgrade. Splunk Answers moderators are kind enough to approve/post them as soon as possible. However, you can also write to answer-support@splunk.com to expedite the approval with the answers you have posted.

I am currently mostly replying to Questions with comments and not answers. However, seems like sometimes even they get flagged for review.

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...