#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Splunk Answers - Some Questions

markthompson
Builder

Hello,
I've just got a couple of questions regarding Splunk answers;

1) What does the diamond represent after some user's names?
2) How do you tell if someone is a staff member?

They're just some questions that have been on my mind ever since I joined, never really figured it out, thought it might be worth asking as some others might have similar questions.

0 Karma
1 Solution

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi MarkThompson,

1. one diamond means they're a moderator. two diamonds means they're a site admin.
  2. we're currently considering some kind of badge to clarify if someone works for Splunk, but right now there's no consistent way to know. if someone has _splunk after their username, then they definitely work for Splunk, though.

View solution in original post

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

hi MarkThompson,

1. one diamond means they're a moderator. two diamonds means they're a site admin.
  2. we're currently considering some kind of badge to clarify if someone works for Splunk, but right now there's no consistent way to know. if someone has _splunk after their username, then they definitely work for Splunk, though.

markthompson
Builder

Ah right, so do moderators work for you? Or are they just selected individuals who do a lot on the site and help out users?

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

it's both. i can make someone a moderator, but most people have earned it by working on the site, yes. you need 10K points to be a full moderator.

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@piebob - isn't 10k a bit high? 😛 You know how hard it is to get Karma on here!! I'll keep going but a long way off at the moment!

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

i think it is a bit high. we're going to re-level the points requirements some time soon--got some more pressing bugs to work on first!

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@piebob - I think there should be a badge for reaching 1k reputation.... I'm nearly there lol

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

Long way off 😛

So is there 2 different types of moderator?

Full and partial?

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@piebob - How comes Ive seen people that are moderators that only have 1k? Just a question 🙂

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

probably because they're either well-known customers or employees that i've made moderators manually because i needed the help 🙂

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@MuS - I think you're the perfect candidate to answer this 🙂

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@piebob - You'll probably know, its been bugging me a while 😛

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Database Performance Sidebar Panel Now on APM Database Query Performance & Service ...

We’ve streamlined the troubleshooting experience for database-related service issues by adding a database ...

IM Landing Page Filter - Now Available

We’ve added the capability for you to filter across the summary details on the main Infrastructure Monitoring ...

Dynamic Links from Alerts to IM Navigators - New in Observability Cloud

Splunk continues to improve the troubleshooting experience in Observability Cloud with this latest enhancement ...