#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Splunk Answers not awarding badges?

markthompson
Builder

Hi,
Yesterday I was looking at my Karma history and it said "2 karma for accepting answer.... Additionally, markthompson was awarded the seal of approval award", yet it doesn't show up as a badge?

UPDATE: Added screenshots of what I'm seeing, 1: At top of Splunk Answers, 2: On my profile page
alt text
alt text

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

markthompson
Builder

Solution;
This is an ongoing issue with the bar at the top, staff have been informed and are working hard to resolve this issue.

The karma bot has been awaken from it's sleep by @piebob and from what I can tell is working again at awarding badges and Karma as appropriate.

View solution in original post

markthompson
Builder

Solution;
This is an ongoing issue with the bar at the top, staff have been informed and are working hard to resolve this issue.

The karma bot has been awaken from it's sleep by @piebob and from what I can tell is working again at awarding badges and Karma as appropriate.

markthompson
Builder

@MuS @ppablo_splunk @piebob - Just updated the post to include some images of what I'm seeing

ppablo
Retired

Hi @markthompson and @MuS

Thanks for the heads up. The karma and badge issue is currently being investigated and the folks working on the fixes are aware of this post. Please provide a screenshot here to give them a better visual on what you're seeing.

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @piebob and @ppablo_splunk,

from my point of view it looks good for now. I only saw that the karma leader-board wasn't updating 😉

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

satishsdange
Builder

Very curious to know how points/badge gets updated... Does it depend upon number of answers/accepted answers

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Looks like the karma bot is a sleep 🙂 Hi @piebob please wake him up :)))))

0 Karma

markthompson
Builder

@MuS also, at the top of the page, it never seems to update? It's still showing 2 gold 6 silver and 11 bronze, which was quite a while back, and is not the same as whats shown on my profile page

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...