#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Pictures and CSS not updating?

Marco
Communicator

Hi All,

I just wanted to share an issue I was having that might save someone in the future a headache. I was trying to change one of the pictures in my dashboard, so I went to Appserver>Static>Images Folder and swapped out the pictures. 

I then packaged up the app, using Splunk's built in packaging tool. I went to my test environment and uploaded the new app(with the new picture) and to my surprise the old one was still there. I must have spent hours double checking my code, and repackaging the app to make sure I wasn't at fault. Turns out all you need to do is clear your cache.

In conclusion, if your new images aren't loading on the webpage and you've tried refreshing the CSS via bump  MySplunkInstance:8000/en-US/_bump. Try Clearing out your cache, it should do the trick.

Thank you,

Marco

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...