#Random
This is a place to discuss all things outside of Splunk, its products, and its use cases.

Change My Email Account

danoanbela96
Hi,

I have some problems not being able to change the email in my account. My company is doing an email domain renewal and I need to change my email to a new email. Could you help me?

Thanks and Regards,
Dano
0 Karma

Nanuk
Explorer

Hello do these steps hold true for a https://www.splunk.com/ account?

0 Karma

bjennewein
Retired

Hi Dano, happy to help. The process is a bit complex, since our Community site uses your registered splunk.com account to manage your identity here. The splunk.com identity process does not currently permit an email address "change" to an existing account, but there is a work around.

First, please create a new account on www.splunk.com registering with your new/preferred email address. 

Second, please send us an email at community_help@splunk.com. In that email please include:

• That you would like to update your Community Profile to link to your new Splunk.com account
  • A link to your community profile and/or your community username
  • The email address associated with your OLD splunk.com account
  • The email address associated with your NEW splunk.com account

Someone from our Community Management team will then process linking / transferring your existing community profile to your new splunk.com which would be using your new/preferred email.

I hope this helps! Reply back or message me directly if I can help more!

Cheers,

Bryan Jennewein - Sr. Director, Splunk Community

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...