Product News & Announcements
All the latest news and announcements about Splunk products. Subscribe and never miss an update!

Splunk Security Cloud Makes Security Offerings Easier to Buy/Use In The Cloud

bjennewein
Retired

Screen Shot 2021-06-22 at 8.10.00 AM.pngToday, we are announcing our new Splunk Security Cloud offering, which will integrate the following security solutions and deliver them in the cloud: Splunk Cloud Platform, Splunk Enterprise Security and new Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Phantom). For years, Splunk has delivered innovative security solutions to help our community of practitioners detect and remediate threats, wherever they reside. Splunk Security Cloud now makes these solutions even easier-to-buy and easier-to-use.

I’ve worked for Splunk for three years, and in tech for nearly two decades, and when I came to our Community team early last year, I was awe struck by how all of you, our members, rally behind one another, support each other, and continually cultivate a truly inclusive culture rooted in success and pushing the boundaries of what’s possible. So to say I am excited about what you all will do with Splunk Security Cloud would be a huge understatement. (Huge.)

The “journey to cloud” is no joke, and I’ve really begun to appreciate how much effort that takes AND how very different it looks for different kinds of organizations and practitioners. Back when I worked with large financial institutions, making decisions about which apps or experiences to support with which kinds of infrastructure was hard, and transitioning those to the cloud was challenging. So having the flexibility of tools and technologies that can make that journey with you is paramount. It’s just one reason why I’d be excited as a security practitioner to know that whether on-prem or in the cloud, Splunk’s looking out for me. 

So what's in the box? Splunk Security Cloud includes Splunk Cloud Platform, Splunk Enterprise Security, and new Splunk SOAR (f.k.a. Splunk Phantom), with all the capabilities you know and love, plus so much more. It includes Advanced Security Analytics which leverages machine learning to detect and deliver key insights into your multi-cloud environments; Automated Security Operations to help you automate and orchestrate detection, investigation, and response; and our fabulous ecosystem of apps, add-ons, and partners. In short, beloved security practitioners, you can expect Splunk Security Cloud to help you work faster, automate more, gain insights, and improve your relative security postures for wherever you are in your cloud journey.  

You can read more about our announcement here, or check out Jane Wong's post on Splunk's corporate blog. And we hope to be able to offer a free trial experience of this powerful new offering soon. 

All this leaves me brimming with curiosity though… what do you think? Sound off in the comments below, and I’ll send a little Splunk swag love your way. 🙂 

Bryan Jennewein

Sr. Director, Splunk Community… and all around nice person.

The_Simko
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Very nice to bring SOAR into the Splunk Cloud ecosystem, and extend Enterprise Security with Automation Response.  
I much prefer this approach of bringing in new functionality for the cloud customers over what some other solutions are doing -- which is doing the same thing, but with a new acronym.  

bjennewein
Retired

Thanks, @The_Simko ! Great feedback, and we appreciate the comment here! (Check your PMs for a special something from me for offering your feedback here! 😃 )

sensitive-thug
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@The_Simko Glad to hear that you're pleased with this offering! YAY!

jsmith
Observer

That's excellent, I'm looking forward to learning how to implement this. Are there plans to bring the upcoming Cloud UBA offering into this as well?

bjennewein
Retired

Thanks, @jsmith ! We'll share more resources on the new offering as they become available, especially for implementation for sure. And one of the perks of a cloud-based offering like this is that we can add features in an agile way over time. As for UBA specifically, I think Jane Wong mentioned something about that in her talk during the event today, which I'll see if I can pull and link here. Stay tuned! 😃
(also, get your inbox for a little gift for your feedback, my friend!)

jsmith
Observer

That's awesome, thank you!

jimmytpowers
Path Finder

What a fantastic idea to bundle up everything for a nice and smooth implementation, makes so much sense, and will further assist in raising the security maturity of our customers!! 

treinke
Builder

Glad to see the direction with having everything at your fingertips.  With teams being asked to do more and the push for SaaS and IaaS products, it make sense to align these products and offer them in a bundle. 

tengmark_epi
Engager

Awesome to see all these pieces moving to the Cloud with easier delivery to customers!

bjennewein
Retired

Thank you for such encouraging praise for our cloud direction, @jimmytpowers , @treinke , and @tengmark_epi ! It really is one of the things I'm loving about what I see coming out of Product these days... and being able to support our users wherever their stacks reside feels significant. (Also... each of you... give those inboxes a look-see! 😏)

asneed_eu
Path Finder

Looks awesome.  Hopefully I can get my hands on this...

Love what's happening with cloud.

wilbrijo06
Loves-to-Learn Lots

Definitely excited to see this launch!  I'm still pretty green in the Splunk Cloud/ES world, but this product had been teased in some of the educational courses I'd taken recently and it looked pretty incredible.  Can't wait to get to be able to get my hands on it and dig in - hoping their might be some cool demo opportunities (maybe at .conf21!?)

zacharychristen
Path Finder

Some would say, "Just in time!"

A few customers I am working with are going to be very excited to hear about this new cloud offering.

Keep up the great work!

bjennewein
Retired

Thanks, @asneed_eu , @wilbrijo06 , and @zacharychristen ! I had a hunch there would be some excitement and eagerness, but y'all are really blowing me away here! You'll see LOTS of Splunk Security Cloud at .conf21 for sure, and we'll keep more great product updates coming your way here in our Community!

(Also... give those inboxes a little look-see for just a little something from me! 😃 We appreciate your feedback, encouragement, and engagement with our exciting news! Thank you!!)

diogofgm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I'd love to see more customers adopt these solutions. But I still feel, in some of my customers, the resistance to move to cloud. Overall I'm really stoked for these.

imiklus_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Cloud train doesn't stop! I couldn't imagine a better finished-off product that contains so many improvements!

ddolan
Observer

Super excited for this!  Being able to package and deliver SOAR as part of the subscription will be huge for us.

goncalocoelho
Path Finder

Cool! It's awesome to see all these products starting to bundle up in the cloud. Can't wait to get the chance to try them!

bjennewein
Retired

Thank you for sharing such kind thoughts and reflections, @diogofgm , @imiklus_splunk , @ddolan , and @goncalocoelho ! Stay tuned for more, and of course give those inboxes a quick check. 

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...