Other Usage

Splunk moving storage

KhalidAlharthi
Engager

I need to ask if i want to move splunk servers to another data store (vsphere)

would this affects anything regarding splunk it self?

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Migration of VMs between datastores is completely transparent for Splunk running inside that VM. So as @scelikok said - as long as you have enough performance on that datastore, you should be OK but the process itself is something that your virtualization admin should handle and it's out of scope of this forum.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Hi
Could you open what you are meaning with this question?
Are you moving splunk indexes on your host to another file system or volume in same node or moving whole node to another box or….
There are already couple of answers for both cases which you could found by google. We can also answer to you after we understand better your current problem.
r. Ismo
0 Karma

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @KhalidAlharthi,

As long as the new data store has enough performance nothing should be affected.

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...