Other Usage

Splunk and openshift integration flow

poojabolla

i have splunk index configured in my openshift cluster as a configmap, now if i change the index on the cluster still my container logs are moving to the old index. is there something i am missing? 

0 Karma

kiran_panchavat
Contributor

@poojabolla Hello Pooja, If you reference an index that does not exist in your Splunk environment, you will receive an error message similar to: “Error in ‘Search’: The specified index does not exist.” Even a small typo in the index name can lead to errors. Make sure you’ve spelled the index name correctly.

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/9.2.0/Troubleshooting/Cantfinddata 

0 Karma

kiran_panchavat
Contributor

@poojabolla Hi Pooja, the index names on the source (open shift) and destination (Splunk) should match. Therefore, the index should only contain the data. Open shift logs should not be sent to Splunk if the index name differs.

0 Karma

poojabolla

But what if the splunk index itself is missing in splunk, wont it give me any error while writing the queries to retrieve the data?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...