Other Usage

Recommended way for integration from Splunk to Jira

hidekikadowaki
Loves-to-Learn

Hi Team

I'd like to know how to integrate Splunk with Jira, to send splunk alerts or raise an incidents/issue on Jira for each Splunk alert from Splunk Cloud/Splunk Enterprise. Is there any recommended app or way for this integration?

Best Regards

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

there are several Jira apps/TAs in splunkbase. See https://splunkbase.splunk.com/apps?keyword=jira

It's hard to say which one is the best or best suited for your case. If no-one else cannot hint to you, then you must just read through those descriptions and select which one best suite for your need. Maybe it's best to start with those Splunk supported add-ons?

r. Ismo

0 Karma

hidekikadowaki
Loves-to-Learn

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I understand it and I'll try, but for now I couldn't find any splunk supported add-on which will help my case on splunk base...

e.g. "Splunk Add-on for Jira Cloud" and "Splunk Add-on for Jira Data Center" would be only for getting data from Jira to Splunk, not support to send data from Splunk to Jira. and "Jira" add-on might be only for Splunk SOAR.

If need, I'd like to check other add-ons supported by each developer, but to be honest, I hope some splunk supported add-on for my case...

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Then probably this https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/5037 is what you need to look. I haven't try it, but I have use/modify some internally built alert actions on one of my Clients. It's not so hard to do that by yourself if needed. Just read Jira's REST api reference and do what is needed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge!

Welcome to Splunk Community Dashboard Challenge! This is your chance to showcase your skills in creating ...

Get the T-shirt to Prove You Survived Splunk University Bootcamp

As if Splunk University, in Las Vegas, in-person, with three days of bootcamps and labs weren’t enough, now ...

Wondering How to Build Resiliency in the Cloud?

IT leaders are choosing Splunk Cloud as an ideal cloud transformation platform to drive business resilience,  ...