Other Usage

Keep getting 403 The forbidden error when logging into to Splunk.com

CalvinZ

I want to download the trial version of Splunk Enterprise. Managed to register it. Whenever I try to login to Splunk.com, it keep showing 403 error. I tried with both Chrome and Firefox, same error. Both browser are latest version. I already tried following

When I clicked on Login, it will redirect to following and shown 403 error

https://www.splunk.com/saml/login?module=nav&redirecturl=https://www.splunk.com/

Windows 11 (updated with latest MS patches) and home network

- rebooted the laptop and router

- Clear cache of browsers

- Added www.splunk.com to trusted zone

- Disabled Windows Firewall

- Disabled AV

Anything else I should be checking?

0 Karma

Richfez
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Generally speaking the 403 error is on the server side.  You say you are trying to download a trial, and that you "Managed to register it. "  I don't know what that latter means?  If it's a trial, you download it, install it and it just works.  They're *all* trials until you put in a real license key (or connect it to your license master).[1]

You could try

a) just logging into a different place in Splunk, like docs.splunk.com.  I think once you are logged in there you can then go back to splunk.com and see if it all still works.

b) Have you tried just creating a new account and seeing if you can download it then?  I'm not aware of any actual process to this, you just "create new account" and fill in a few pieces of information then off to the downloads you go.

Anyway, hope one of these gets you working again!

[1] LOL, this has actually been a complaint of mine for a decade now.  I don't want to download a trial and convert it, I want to feel like I'm downloading the actual paid-for version that $company owned.  But it's just words, so 'whatever'.  🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Day 0

Hello Splunk Community! My name is Chris, and I'm based in Canberra, Australia's capital, and I travelled for ...

Enhance Security Visibility with Splunk Enterprise Security 7.1 through Threat ...

(view in My Videos)Struggling with alert fatigue, lack of context, and prioritization around security ...

Troubleshooting the OpenTelemetry Collector

In this tech talk, you’ll learn how to troubleshoot the OpenTelemetry collector - from checking the ...