Monitoring Splunk

cannot see all splunk servers using rest

Skins
Path Finder

Trying to get a list of all servers - i have a 3 tiered solution SH, IDX, HF

| rest splunk_server=* /services/server/status/resource-usage/hostwide

Only shows the SH and IDX

If i run the cmd locally on the HF i get the expected output.

Why is this ? is it possible to configure the SH to know there is a HF ?

gratizi

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Skins
Path Finder

this is a test env - prod has a standalone MC - so in this instance with MC on the only SH i can add the HF as a peer ?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Put this dashboard on your Monitoring Console, where it is perfectly appropriate to peer with HFs. DO NOT peer your HFs to your regular Search Head!

0 Karma

Skins
Path Finder

gratzi,

I was looking to build a dashboard of resource usage accross tiers - so was using the rest method - but if i can't use that across all tiers - i don't really want to add it it as a search peer ?

what would be recommendation ?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

You'd need to add those HF as search peers to the instance where you're running your REST query from (which I assume would be your SH).

0 Karma

DalJeanis
Legend

Why do you want your SH to know there is a HF? Do you mean SH or Master Console?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...