Monitoring Splunk

Why is there Splunk Cloud Monitoring Console Inaccuracy?

jamie1
Communicator

Hi There,

I have just checked the Cloud Monitoring Console after receiving an email that noted some apps were ready to be upgraded to Python 3. I am using Splunk Cloud and saw the following information about my universal forwarders.

I have attached a screenshot, but the date doesn't appear to make sense and the newer version is showing as being outdated.

Any help would be appreciated,

Jamie

0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

This is because the Cloud Monitoring Console version on your cloud stack does not currently have the support end-dates configured for 9.1.x, the following eval is used to determine the support expiration:

| eval fwd_7_3_eos=relative_time(strptime("22-Oct-2021", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d"), fwd_8_0_eos=relative_time(strptime("22-Oct-2021", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d"), fwd_8_1_eos=relative_time(strptime("19-Apr-2023", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d"), fwd_8_2_eos=relative_time(strptime("12-May-2023", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d"), fwd_9_0_eos=relative_time(strptime("14-Jun-2024", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d"), fwd_default_eos=relative_time(strptime("01-Jan-1971", "%d-%b-%Y"), "+1d@d") 
| eval expTimestamp = case( match(version, "^7\.3"), fwd_7_3_eos, match(version, "^8\.0"), fwd_8_0_eos, match(version, "^8\.1"), fwd_8_1_eos, match(version, "^8\.2"), fwd_8_2_eos, match(version, "^9\.0"), fwd_9_0_eos, 1==1, fwd_default_eos) 

As you may be able to see, this only currently goes up to 9.0, else it falls back onto "fwd_default_eos" which is the date you're seeing (2nd Jan 1971) 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I’m short for "configuration file.” What am I?

May 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with a Special ...

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...