Monitoring Splunk

Splunk Hosted On AWS EC2 Becomes Unresponsive

srbhvatsa

down vote
favorite
I am new to AWS platform and started using it 3 months back. I launched a EC2 instance which was a c4.xlarge instance type of Linux. I am running SPLUNK on that instance for logging and monitoring. From the past 1 month I am observing splunk web interface stops responding every now and then and when I try to SSH into instance, that also becomes unresponsive. After that it takes from 5min - 2 hours to come back online until I go ahead and manually start and stop the instance. I searched through the available forums and thought may be my instance is under a lot of load since I was seeing spikes of 100% so I upgraded the instance to C4.2xlarge. But unfortunately issue still persists even when the Average CPU load is around 35% now and sometimes when multiple people are using splunk then Max spike goes to 80%. EC2 status checks still shows everything is fine but instance itself becomes unresponsive. Any help would be much appreciated on this issue.

Thanks Saurabh

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...