Monitoring Splunk

Splunk Disk Reporting Incorrect

trevor_dunstan8
Explorer

Hi all,

I am running a Splunk 7.3.0 distributed / clustered environment and I have noticed that the DMC is reporting that disk usage on my indexers is high ie around the 85% mark, however Windows Server 2016 says that it is around 65% as per attached screenshot. Its mainly the F drive as far as I can tell.

Disk usage was high previously however I then implemented retention policies on the indexes which cleared out a large amount of data, is it possible the DMC is caching an old value and is not updating ? I have restarted the Cluster master node and we have rebooted the index cluster since then I believe.

Any info would be great,

Thanks 

Labels (2)
0 Karma

trevor_dunstan8
Explorer

I thought that the Indexing cluster had been restarted but obviously not, storage figures reported correctly in DMC after cluster restart

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
At lest in linux version you must restart splunk after you have added/increased FS/LVM/Disks. Without restart REST queries didn't show those correctly.
r. Ismo
0 Karma

trevor_dunstan8
Explorer

We haven't extended the disks on the servers so that solution doesn't apply to us.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...