Monitoring Splunk

Splunk Cloud License Usage

anandhalagarasa
Path Finder

Hi Team,

We are using Splunk Cloud in our organisation. We have purchased around 200 GB of License so I was eager to check the day to day license average. Hence I have navigated Cloud Monitoring Console App and clicked the Overview tab i can able to see License Usage (yesterday) and the data is in GB and its around 122 GB.

But if i navigate to License Usage tab in Cloud Monitoring Console App and then Split the data by index I am getting the top 10 index information and when i checked for yesterday value i.e. I have summed up the value of all index and the overall data comes around 143.27 GB.

I am quite not sure which is the exact License count since the data in the overview tab is not matching with the data when we split across index or sourcetype since we can see a difference of 21.27 GB

So kindly let me know where can i pull the exact information of Splunk Cloud daily usage. Also let us know the data in the Overview tab (License Usage (yesterday) ) is the correct information or not.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are splunkcloud customer, you should have a support entitlement contract, and be able to reach cloud support directly for those questions.
Try the splunk.com support portal page to open a case.

0 Karma

anandhalagarasa
Path Finder

Can anyone kindly help on the request.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...