Monitoring Splunk

Splunk Cloud Health Checks / Monitoring

sting663

Hello there,

I know its possible to set up monitoring / health checks on Splunk Enterprise, but is this a function that can be set up for Splunk Cloud? if so what would the process(s) be as all i can find is referrence to Splunk Enterprise.

Many Thanks.

Sting 663

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Splunk monitors your cloud instances for you.  You can do some of your own monitoring using the Cloud Monitoring Console app.

What, specifically, do you want to monitor/check?

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

sting663

Thanks Rich,

We had a challenge where we had a Heavy Forwarder down for x amount of days not forwarding logs but there no indication from our cloud service of this so looking at safeguards on how this can be prevented the next time around.

Cheers,

Sting 663

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The CMC app can monitor forwarders similarly to how the MC does so in on-prem instances.

You also can do it yourself, by monitoring the number of messages in index=_internal from each forwarder (assuming they're forwarding their own logs).

---
0 Karma

sting663

CMC is enabled but monitors throughput and indexing performance – this is not for system availability.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Go to the Forwarders:Deployment dashboard in the CMC to see the status of your forwarders.  

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...