Monitoring Splunk

Log File input monitor not working

santosh_sshanbh
Path Finder

I have a UF 6.0.1 installed on a Windows 2012 server. There are some log files on the source server at below path

D:\Program Files (x86)\Proficy\Proficy Server\LogFiles

The format of the file is CalculationMgr-xx(yy).Log where x and y are numeric values and the log file is rolling file each day, each service restart etc.

I have tried multiple monitor stanza like below using whitelist and direct file monitor etc.
[monitor://D:\Program Files (x86)\Proficy\Proficy Server\LogFiles\CalculationMgr*.log]

[monitor://D:\Program Files (x86)\Proficy\Proficy Server\LogFiles]

source = Log
sourcetype = CalculationMgr
recursive = false

whitelist = CalculationMgr-\d+(\d+).log$

whitelist = CalculationMgr*\.log$

followTail = 0
disabled = 0

But UF is not sending data for the file and I am getting below error in Splunkd

04-04-2018 08:34:03.983 -0400 DEBUG TailingProcessor - Not using stanza for this item (File did not match whitelist '^D:\\Program\ Files\ (x86)\\Proficy\\Proficy\ Server\\LogFiles\\CalculationMgr[^\]*.log$'.).

04-04-2018 08:34:03.982 -0400 DEBUG TailReader - Returning disposition=IGNORE_THIS_PATH for file=D:\Program Files (x86)\Proficy\Proficy Server\LogFiles\CalculationMgr-1023(11).Log

I tried various combinations in stanza but none worked. There are also CalculationMgr.shw files in the same folder which need to be ignored. But in the log I am seeing entry for such files.

Can any one help me with right stanza to monitor this file?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

santosh_sshanbh
Path Finder

No success. Still getting below error

Not using stanza for this item (File did not match whitelist '^D:\Program\ Files\ (x86)\Proficy\Proficy\ Server\LogFiles\CalculationMgr[^\]*.log$'.).

0 Karma

ravidudala
Explorer

Hello,

please try the below stanza in your inputs.conf and let me know the update.

[monitor://D:\Program Files (x86)\Proficy\Proficy Server\LogFiles\CalculationMgr*.log]
disabled = false
index = Give the name of the Index
whitelist = (?i)CalculationMgr\W\w+\W\w+\W+\w+
blacklist = (?i)CalculationMgr\W\w+
sourcetype = CalculationMgr
recursive = false

Thanks | RD

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...