Monitoring Splunk

Knowledge Bundle Cache?

Strype
Path Finder

I had two large apps causing my knowledge bundle to time out. I deleted both app folders in etc apps and in etc user admin. The knowledge bundle has not shrunk and the warnings and errors continue:

04-16-2013 14:39:49.268 -0500 WARN DistributedBundleReplicationManager - bundle replication to 1 peer(s) took too long (10624ms), bundle file size=45110KB, replication_id=1366141178host=SERVER Options|

source=Splunk Home\var\log\splunk\splunkd.log Options|

component=DistributedBundleReplicationManager Options|

log_level=WARN Options

I did this same thing on the test system and it worked. On the live system, it doesn't. The knowledge bundle shouldn't be more than a couple of MB now.

Anybody know?

Thanks,

0 Karma

u07t04
Engager

Did this worked for you? Please let me know.Thanks!

0 Karma

mookiie2005
Communicator

Look at your distsearch.conf file in: Splunk_home\etc\apps\windows\local

Add the stanza:

[replicationBlacklist]
nontsyslogmappings = apps\windows\lookups\ntsyslog_mappings.csv

this will blacklist the above file (ntsyslog_mappings.csv) so it is not included in the knowledge bundle. You can make the name anything you like for each file you wish to backlist. Run a search on your etc/apps, etc/system, etc/users and blacklist large files that are not needed for the searches. Be careful not to get over zealous in what you blacklist. Hope this helps you.

0 Karma

Strype
Path Finder

I did. I think I have a solution. I'm going to add shareBundle=false into the distsearch.conf and restart. Then I'll change it to true and restart. I bet that will purge that old bundle info out of there. I'll post if it works.

0 Karma

kristian_kolb
Ultra Champion

restart splunkd?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...