Monitoring Splunk

How to resolve error "The minimum free disk space (5000MB) reached for /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch"?

Federica_92
Communicator

I have this problem:
The minimum free disk space (5000MB) reached for /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch.

So I cannot delete my data because splunk is full, I have tried to digit from command line :

./splunk clean eventdata -f

and I have tried to erase all my log from the splunk folder, but I have still the same problem.
Please can someone help me?

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Federica_92
Communicator
  The minimum free disk space (20000MB) reached for /opt/splunk/var/run/splunk/dispatch. 

I have no idea why.

0 Karma

ThomasControlwa
Path Finder

in my case, was the solution etit policy. just like the documentation (http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.2/Indexer/Setlimitsondiskusage) and also http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.2/Indexer/Setaretirementandarchivingpolicy
-->Set a retirement and archiving policy

0 Karma

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You made the value larger? So now it is expecting 20GB free? What is your free disk space left on your host? Is this running on a laptop or something with very little disk space left?

Federica_92
Communicator

Sorry, I'm a kind of idiot! I have got it now, thank you so much

0 Karma

nivethainspire_
Explorer

I am facing same issue, can u help me out

0 Karma

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Please reference the link above.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...