Monitoring Splunk

Do not detect changes in the monitored CSV file.

JA8eginner
Explorer

Hello,

I have a problem that changes in the monitored CSV files are not detected and indexed.
The file name is not changed, but the file is always overwritten and updated.
The header of the CSV file has 207 bytes, so I've add initCrcLength = 512 on inputs.conf.
I guess it doesn't make sense since the file name doesn't change, but I also add crcSalt = <SOURCE>.
Any help would be appreciated.

Note: In my environment, I have built a Splunk server in AWS and monitor CSV files stored in EBS.

[ inputs.conf ]

[monitor:///tmp/upload/targetFolder]
disabled = false
host_regex = \\(.*)\/
index = targetData
sourcetype = targetData
crcSalt = <SOURCE>
initCrcLength = 512

[ props.conf ]

CHARSET = UTF-8
BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE_DATE =
DATETIME_CONFIG =
HEADER_FIELD_LINE_NUMBER = 1
INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS = csv
KV_MODE = none
LINE_BREAKER = ([\r\n]+)
NO_BINARY_CHECK = true
SHOULD_LINEMERGE = false
TIMESTAMP_FIELDS = SpecifiedColumn
TIME_FORMAT = %Y/%m/%d
category = Structureds
description = Something
disabled = false
pulldown_type = true

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

splunk219783
Path Finder

When I encounter this problem I'll typically set initCrCLength to something long like 4096.

Sometimes, when really barely anything in a file changes yet I still want it ingested when its modified each day, i'll add a CHECK_METHOD = modtime to props.conf

Hope that helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...