Monitoring Splunk

Chart display International Units (SI)

dukie

Hi,

I need my charts in Splunk to be displayed in SI International System of Units (metric system).

When using "Number Abbreviations" in format Y-Axis the prefix of 10^9 will be display as B (Billion), instead of wanted G (Giga).

alt text

alt text

Second question is how to display time in 24h format instead of AM/PM (X-Axis).

Thx

/Henrik

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

The clock is controlled by the locale sent to Splunk by your browser. Either change it in the URL, or configure your browser to use a different locale. In this case, use en-GB instead of en-US. That doesn't seem to solve your number abbreviation issue though and even setting Splunk to a non-English locale (e.g. German, de-DE) keeps the B, while in German 10^9 is called "Milliarden".

Of course, if this particular chart is always showing values in this order of magnitude, you could simply add an eval to your search to divide the values by 10^9 and add the G as a unit.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

DavidHourani
Super Champion

Hi @dukie,

For changing the time have a look here :
https://answers.splunk.com/answers/374011/convert-time-from-ampm-to-24-hour-format.html

You can leverage the strptime command to achieve that.

As for the "Number Abbreviations" go for the eval command, makes everything much easier, I would even advise you to make it into a macro that way you can change it without having to go through all the searches you've applied it to.

Cheers,
David

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

The clock is controlled by the locale sent to Splunk by your browser. Either change it in the URL, or configure your browser to use a different locale. In this case, use en-GB instead of en-US. That doesn't seem to solve your number abbreviation issue though and even setting Splunk to a non-English locale (e.g. German, de-DE) keeps the B, while in German 10^9 is called "Milliarden".

Of course, if this particular chart is always showing values in this order of magnitude, you could simply add an eval to your search to divide the values by 10^9 and add the G as a unit.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...