Knowledge Management

we need to build new OS of our Splunk servers from 2008 to 2016,

satkan100
Path Finder

we need to build new OS of our Splunk servers from 2008 to 2016, currently we have using Splunk enterprise 6.2 version, any option is available to how we can transfer old same splunk configuration to new build 2016 server (search head ,indexer, license & cluster master)

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

satkan100
Path Finder

HI Zboinet

In my splunk environment we have 1 cluster master & licence master ,2 search head & 5 indexer.

thanks for the update what are the configuration file need to copy in new (1 cluster master & licence master ,2 search head & 5 indexer)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

satkan100
Path Finder

HI Zboinet

In my splunk environment we have 1 cluster master & licence master ,2 search head & 5 indexer.

thanks for the update what are the configuration file need to copy in new (1 cluster master & licence master ,2 search head & 5 indexer)

0 Karma

zboinek

It depends where do you store your indexed files and how devided and large is your Splunk (how many indexers and search heads)

I don't think that you need to transfer all files. You can always install fresh splunk in new infrastructure and just copy config files and indexed data.

0 Karma

satkan100
Path Finder

HI Zboinet

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...