using wild card in a lookup column?

pavanae
Builder

I have a lookup sample.csv as follows whereas one of the host value is empty 

Name Host
TEST_USERabc, def
USER_1*
user_3ghi

Now I use the lookup in a search. Now for the USER_1 Host I want to use the wild card. Using astrick symbol directly in the lookup doesn't working. Is there any way I can add a wild card for USER_1. 

A little research on the Splunk docs gives me some inputs like I need to use props and transforms to do so. I don't have a props or transforms exists for that application. Can I create a condition in props, transforms just for the above purpose. If so what should be the stanzas should be in both the configuration files. 

Any Help would be great. 

Labels (1)
0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you're trying to do wildcard match when you do a lookup (running "| lookup" command), then you can follow this to setup wildcard match:

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Search/Can-we-use-wildcard-characters-in-a-lookup-table/m-p/9...

If not, then you should add more details like how you're using the lookup, what output you get now and what is want to see as the output.

0 Karma

nmohammed
Contributor

@pavanae 

can you share your search query ? But you should be able to search the host like following - 

| inputlookup answers-571895.csv
| where Host="*"

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...