Knowledge Management

How to rename a HEC Data Input token

yuelu
Explorer

I created a HEC token call test_app initially for accepting log data from a test app.  That app has morphed into a prod app.  I would like to change the HEC token name to prod_app.  How do I do that?  Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

If it is an on-prem splunk instance where you have configured that HEC token, you can edit it in the respective inputs.conf file.

If you're on Splunk Cloud or for some other reason do not have access to the configuration file, you'd probably have to create a new token with the new name and just update the token used at the source side. As there doesn't seem to be an option to rename a HEC input on the GUI or create a new HEC input with a specific token value.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...