Knowledge Management

Summary Index : Results not generated

mike7860
Explorer

I saved and scheduled a search by the name index usage. I am trying to use summary indexing but cannot get the results displayed. I have selected the default index as summary.

In in order to test the summary indexing performance, i am using the following search

index=summary search_name="index usage". The screen displayes no matching data.

If this information is useful, I have tried to schedule the search at evry 9:00 a.m.

Your help is highly recommended as I have been working on this issue for the past two weeks and still unable to resolve the issue.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee
  • look at all your summary searches results with index=summary | stats count by search_name
  • try with underscore instead of spaces index=summary search_name="index_usage"
  • double check that you have permission to search on other indexes
  • look in other indexes index=* search_name="index*usage"

If you do not find any results :

• test the search manually (to see the results)
  • check that the search ran a least one in the scheduler index=_internal source=*scheduler.log* "index*usage"
  • check for files stuck in the spooler $SPLUNK_HOME/var/run/spool/splunk (temporary csv files of the results ready to be indexed to the summary index, if they are not deleted after indexing, then they were not indexed.)
  • check that you can actually index things (in case of complex forwarding setup)

jonuwz
Influencer

Can you post the search that populates the summary index?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...