Knowledge Management

Splunk as a document repository

x9079
Engager

We are looking to use Splunk as a document repository (among a million other things). Does anyone have a recommendation as to how we could ingest and sort our various .doc, .docx, .txt, and .pdf files for archiving and storage. We would be looking to utilize Splunk as a type of wiki, similar to Confluence. I looked and couldn't find an app that performs this type of analysis.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

bosburn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk isn't designed to be the "traditional" document repository or to act as a wiki such as Confluence. For example, since .doc files are a type of binary file, Splunk wouldn't be able to ingest them.

I suggest you stick to traditional Wiki / Document repository (such as Documentum) systems to do that.

Now, if you wanted to use Splunk to ingest the logs of said systems, go ahead full steam 🙂

Brian

View solution in original post

bosburn_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk isn't designed to be the "traditional" document repository or to act as a wiki such as Confluence. For example, since .doc files are a type of binary file, Splunk wouldn't be able to ingest them.

I suggest you stick to traditional Wiki / Document repository (such as Documentum) systems to do that.

Now, if you wanted to use Splunk to ingest the logs of said systems, go ahead full steam 🙂

Brian

sdaniels
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Splunk is not able to ingest and store word docs or pdf files. Splunk is used to store all kinds of data but it is not a content management system for documents like confluence.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...