Knowledge Management

Should admin not be able to see and act on private data models?

mattbg
Path Finder

I have a user that had created a private data model. The user has left the organization but had created a dashboard that used this data model without setting appropriate permissions and so other users get an error when the dashboard tries to access that specific data model.

That all makes sense. However, as a user with admin role, I was not able to see this data model at all (via All Configurations or otherwise). I confirmed that it existed only via the file system (grep on user .conf files) and was then able to create a temporary local user account for the departed user in order to access their knowledge objects and set permissions as needed.

Should admin not be able to see and act on private data models? The admin role does have the admin_all_objects privilege as per the default.

Splunk Enterprise 8.2.x

Thanks in advance.

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is a known limitation, see these docs

View solution in original post

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

This is a known limitation, see these docs

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...