Knowledge Management

Eventtypes' numbers limits

nik_splunk
Path Finder

Good Morning all,

Anybody knows if exists a limit regarding the amount of eventtype I could set into splunk? I already started to create eventtypes and corresponding tags for a Splunk's installation over a very large IT enviroment (also multiplatform), assuming there are no restriction. In case of limitations...is there a workaround to get my goal?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Nik

Tags (3)
1 Solution

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There is no hard limit, but it is probably a bad idea to have more than a few hundred as it will impact search speed. You might consider using lookup tables on data instead. These should scale to several hundred thousand or a few million entries without any trouble.

View solution in original post

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

There is no hard limit, but it is probably a bad idea to have more than a few hundred as it will impact search speed. You might consider using lookup tables on data instead. These should scale to several hundred thousand or a few million entries without any trouble.

nik_splunk
Path Finder

Thank you gkanapathy, for your support and you precious suggestion. Have a good time!

nik

0 Karma

harshsarode1234

how to get only 100 recent event logs.Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Built-in Service Level Objectives Management to Bridge the Gap Between Service & ...

Wednesday, May 29, 2024  |  11AM PST / 2PM ESTRegister now and join us to learn more about how you can ...

Get Your Exclusive Splunk Certified Cybersecurity Defense Engineer at Splunk .conf24 ...

We’re excited to announce a new Splunk certification exam being released at .conf24! If you’re headed to Vegas ...

Share Your Ideas & Meet the Lantern team at .Conf! Plus All of This Month’s New ...

Splunk Lantern is Splunk’s customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...