Knowledge Management

Editing macro is giving a 404 error

ffr03
Explorer

When I tried to edit a macro in Settings\all Settings it is giving a 404

alt text

It seems the generated URL usees ../data/.. it should be ../admin/ , is there any way to fix the render url to use the /admin/ instead of /data/?

Thanks

Tags (2)

Forseti_
Engager

2 years in and I am facing this issue now also, however going to settings -> advanced search -> search no longer works either.

Chaning /data/ to /admin/ does the trick however

0 Karma

ashutoshab
Communicator

I have faced the issue on many occasions. Earlier I used to bang my head facing this issue as it never allows to edit the macro seamlessly. This seems like an issue with App Permissions. But, now I never jump to 'All Configurations' windows and search the Macro there, instead I visit Advanced Search >> Macros.

What I assume, when we jump to Advanced Setting from the Current app, it sets the context of the app which is selected and if the macro has permissions restricted to a particular app, Splunk will not let you edit the configuration.

So, I always prefer, Advanced Search >> Macros way.

madcitygeek
Explorer

Doesn't fix the bug, but accessing via settings -> advanced search -> search macros works for editing macros.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...