Engager

need complete instructions guide step by step

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

afamoyib
Path Finder

While you are logged into the forwarder as an admin follow the following steps

• Download the splunk from https://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/universal-forwarder.html
  • Store the folder in a location you can access from the server in this case C:\Temp
  • Run the install via command line this is the fastest and the process that can easily be automated for an enterprise if you like
  • cd C:\Temp
  • msiexec.exe /i Splunk.msi SPLUNK_APP="SplunkForwarder" FORWARD_SERVER="" LOGON_USERNAME="AD\splunk" LOGON_PASSWORD="splunk123
  • Or you can use this if you want to enter the config afterwards by yourself
  • msiexec.exe /i Splunk.msi /quiet
  • Do not forget to open the port you use on the local system firewall. If you do not do this it will affect your outcome.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

afamoyib
Path Finder

While you are logged into the forwarder as an admin follow the following steps

• Download the splunk from https://www.splunk.com/en_us/download/universal-forwarder.html
  • Store the folder in a location you can access from the server in this case C:\Temp
  • Run the install via command line this is the fastest and the process that can easily be automated for an enterprise if you like
  • cd C:\Temp
  • msiexec.exe /i Splunk.msi SPLUNK_APP="SplunkForwarder" FORWARD_SERVER="" LOGON_USERNAME="AD\splunk" LOGON_PASSWORD="splunk123
  • Or you can use this if you want to enter the config afterwards by yourself
  • msiexec.exe /i Splunk.msi /quiet
  • Do not forget to open the port you use on the local system firewall. If you do not do this it will affect your outcome.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion
0 Karma
Did you miss .conf21 Virtual?

Good news! The event's keynotes and many of its breakout sessions are now available online, and still totally FREE!